We look forward to our favorite week of the year—Merry Week of Giving—where we come together for seven days of volunteering, holiday activities and giving back to the local community. As we close out 2021, we’re thrilled to share the impact of this year’s Merry Week of Giving. Thanks to you, we were able to raise $3,400+ for No Kid Hungry! That’s 34,000+ meals for children who are struggling with an empty belly and demoralizing hunger pangs. We had a total of 67 registrants, with participants across eight states including TN, WA, DC, NY, PA, VA, MA, CA + Great Britain. The grand total of miles logged for this year was 70+ miles.
But, our fun didn’t stop there. Here are just some of the ways Merritt Group gave back this season:
- We made a corporate donation to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society through our Patty Groce Memorial Award, in honor of Patty Groce, our former Vice President of Human Resources who passed away in October 2014 after a long battle with cancer.
- Since we were unable to participate in our planned volunteer activities this year due to COVID-19 variants, we made monetary donations to NVFS and Bread for the City.
- In the wake of canceling the holiday party, we rerouted our catering that would have been served to support the Embry Rucker Shelter. 32 meals and appetizers were provided as holiday dinners for residents of a large apartment fire in Herndon that displaced 11 households.
- The floral centerpieces that would have brightened our holiday spirits at the party were donated to Sunrise Senior Living.
- On behalf of our clients, we worked with GiftsForGood and utilized their GIFTforward software. Via a branded email and landing site, our clients were given the option of choosing a gift that directly impacts a charitable organization or donating the value to a cause of their choice.
We’re counting down the days until the next Merrython 2022 and Merry Week of Giving! If you participated in this year’s event, but haven’t shared your experience, it’s not too late. Tag #MerrittMerrython and Merritt Group on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022!
Learn more about Merritt Group’s culture of giving.