You may think you know how government contractors succeed through marketing, but the results of a recent survey may surprise you.
Did you know 86% of government contractors have event sponsorships in their 2018 marketing budgets?
Did you know that 53% of contractors increased their digital advertising spending this year?
These are just a few of the intriguing insights we’ll share with the release of the 2018 Federal Government Contractor Study on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at the NRECA Conference Center in Arlington, Virginia. Conducted in partnership with Market Connections and the Professional Services Council (PSC), the study delivers new data and visibility into the best business development (BD) and marketing practices among top-performing contractors.
Government contractors are under increasing competitive pressure in a challenging procurement landscape. Now more than ever, it’s critical for companies to differentiate beyond price. How business development (BD) and marketing teams align internally to attract, win and retain business can make or break the organization.
But what is the right way to structure teams internally to develop an effective campaign? Or how can you incorporate new strategies to get your proposal noticed above the din of the crowd?
Our July 17 session, from 8:30-10:30 am (EDT), will answer these questions and help you learn the major challenges BD and marketing professionals face when selling in the federal space — and how they can collaborate to maximize opportunities and garner success. More specifically, attendees will learn:
- Best practices of winning government contractors
- Top challenges marketing and business development professionals contend with
- How marketing and business development departments can be organized and optimized
- Ways to measure and boost effectiveness of marketing materials, activities and tools
- Strategies for targeting and responding to RFPs
- Trends and changes in personnel, budget, tools, teaming partners and communications
Merritt Group Vice President Matt Donovan will also moderate a panel discussion of industry leaders sharing best practices and discussing the implications of the data. Panelists include:
- Jay Hauck, General Dynamics Information Technology, Vice President, Communications & Marketing
- Kim Hower, Nutanix Federal, Director, Public Sector Marketing
- Lisa P. Veith, MAXIMUS Federal, Senior Vice President, Business Development & Marketing, Federal Services
Register now for the July 17th 2018 Federal Government Contractor Study event to learn more about the study findings and network with like-minded industry peers. Breakfast will be served.
Learn more about how Merritt Group’s Government Practice serves the unique marketing and PR needs of the federal contractor market.