We built our business on the expertise of our people. We have hired and developed the best talent. We foster innovation and experimentation that allows our people to develop their careers to their fullest potential and in the process deliver incredible service and value to our clients.
Merritt Group has offices at the respective centers of power and technology, in Reston, Virginia, outside Washington D.C., and San Francisco, neighboring Silicon Valley. Our firm has been recognized nationally for award-winning campaigns by Bulldog Reporter, PR News and PR Week, and as a “best place to work” by Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian Magazine. We know that great people have a choice of where to work, so we reward our employees with:
- Opportunities for advancement. In a typical year at our growing firm, 30 percent of staff are promoted. Quarterly goals and review sessions with managers keep employees on the fast track.
- Financial incentives. These include bonuses for annual company performance, new client referral, new employee referral and operational excellence.
- Reward and recognition programs. We have team-building activities, monthly happy hours and cash rewards for extraordinary client work product and initiatives that enrich life at Merritt.
- Opportunities to help others. Every employee gets one paid day off per quarter to volunteer at his or her favorite charity. In addition, the agency provides matching funds for selected donations and encourages teams to get involved in the community through pro-bono work. Each year, employees also participate in the Merry Week of Giving during the holiday season.
- Respect for life outside the office. We enjoy flexible work hours and have a liberal telecommuting policy, and we're closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Throughout the years, we have given back to the community by donating our time, resources and professional expertise. The Merritt Group InBalance employee wellness program includes time for both pro-bono and volunteer work.
We have been honored to offer pro-bono support to organizations such as Cornerstones (formerly Reston Interfaith) in D.C. and AtTheCrossroads in CA on a long-term basis. Our employees are also involved in volunteer projects, from ringing the bell for the Salvation Army to building bikes for disadvantaged youth.
Above, Merritt employees volunteer their time preparing meals at a DC soup kitchen. This was part of our annual Merritt Group Merry Week of Giving.