As we wrap up 2020, I’m thrilled to share that we’ve also closed out another fantastic Merry Week of Giving at Merritt Group. Despite shifting gears to accommodate a more virtual, socially-distanced world, we've been able to exceed our expectations raising more than $5,000 for No Kid Hungry.
Some key highlights this year included:
- $5,000+ raised for No Kid Hungry
- 121 participants
- 16 states represented (CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA, and WI)
- 83.4 miles logged
Our fun didn’t stop with our Merrython! To round out our first all virtual Merry Week of Giving, we supported the following:
- Merritt Groupers wrote and created holiday cards for Cards for Hospitalized Kids
- We made a corporate donation to the Lupus Foundation of America through our Patty Groce Memorial Award, which is nominated by a Merritt Group employee and given in honor of Patty Groce, our former Vice President of Human Resources who passed away in October 2014 after a long battle with cancer.
- Merritt Groupers also selected and voted on worthy charities and nonprofits, allocating end-of-year Giving Back Program funds to The Wounded Warrior Project, So Others Might Eat, The Trevor Project and Mental Health America.
- Finally, in lieu of client gifts this year, we donated to PetSmart Charities and Coalition for the Homeless.
We are already counting down the days until Merrython 2021 and our next Merry Week of Giving! If you did participate in this year’s event, but haven’t shared your experience with us it’s not too late. Please tag #MerrittMerrython and Merritt Group on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2021!
The Merry Week of Giving Committee
Learn more about Merritt Group's culture of giving.